Live Events Make A Huge Difference For Your Business
I’ve attended 5 live events this year and truthfully, I don’t know how I pulled it off. I got the bug when I attended Jonathan Budd’s Unstoppable Entrepreneur and Unstoppable Millionaire. Those two events were life changing, so I decided I wanted to participate in future events as much as possible.
Attending live events means arranging time commitments, money for the flight and hotel, and expenses during the event such as food and transportation. I do not like flying at all. But as I reflect back on 2012, WOW! What a year! Attending live events have made a huge impact on my business and has helped me to reach my goals for this year, set long term goals for the future. In my opinion, it is worth your time regardless of your level in the industry.
Personally meeting fellow marketers and teammates is a blast. It is especially wonderful when a relationship has already been built online, so the anticipation of meeting online colleagues is a real kick. It’s fun to match the avatar with a real person. The one to one live contact is worth its weight in gold!
These are the live events I attended this year:
May 24-26 Matt Lloyd’s Online Income Revolution, San Diego, California
August 10-12 Daegan Smith’s Invisible Funnel Workshop, Washington DC
September 27-29 Matt Lloyd’s Add The Nitrous, San Diego, California
October 19-21 Live The Dream 3, Dallas, Texas
December 7-9 List Publishers Profits Mastermind, Las Vegas, Nevada
I want to share my experience of my most recent event, the LPP Mastermind. It was held in Las Vegas on December 7-9. We stayed at the Hardrock Hotel, which was an experience in itself. The hotel is laden with pictures, exhibits, paraphernalia, and costumes from almost every rock star or band you can think of. Some of them included Elton John, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash, The Who..well you get the picture.Daegan Smith and Raena Lynn
Recently I read a post from Clint Butler about Daegan Smith and storytelling. I posted my comment so you can understand my history with Daegan:
I had the honor of meeting Daegan for the first time this year at Matt Lloyd’s Online Income Revolution live event in San Diego, California. I was already an affiliate for him because I knew that he has some of the best marketing and training products offered on the internet. Daegan is who we call the “The Grandpa.” He mentored Jonathan Budd, Mike Dillard, Matt Lloyd, David Wood and the list goes on and on. He has a gift to inspire people to reach their dreams, and at the present time, he is helping me do the same.
Again, I was fortunate enough to work with him when I attended his Invisible Funnel seminar in Washington DC. It was a very small group and we were able to have lots of one on one time with Daegan. That workshop made me realize what a gem he is. We actually presented our own stories to each other and it was very powerful! I’ve heard for a long time to “share your story” but you are right. I know I hesitated because of fear. Daegan has taught me that transparency is King. That is what I love about Daegan. He holds nothing back…he says it like it is and has no fear of sharing his struggles. So many people relate to him because of his storytelling. He also delivers the best emails to my inbox. Why? Most of them are stories and his success comes from what you mentioned in your post. “You cannot push a person to have a new belief. But if you connect with your prospect with your story. They will move to action, opposed to you moving to them.”
I am working with Daegan and one of his programs at the present time, and I feel he has shown me the path I have been looking for. I cannot express how much I have learned from him and being around him is like basking in success! It has a way of rubbing off because he sees the potential in everyone and knows anyone can succeed if they set their mind and heart to achieve.
Every presenter including Daegan provided rock solid real time training. They included Emka Strimaitis, Jason Gazaway, Carlos Barhona and Robert Fulton. I applaud all of them for giving their best to the group. They all hit 110% in content and effort.Daegan Smith, Emka Strimaitis, Jason Gazaway, and Carlos Barhona.
Attending live events has changed my perspective on the industry, success, and my personal development.
If you have been reluctant to attend any live event because you have collected excuses such as not having the money to attend, or you cannot get off work, or you don’t like to travel, consider these 5 Reasons why you should make it happen. Live events are a crucial segment of this industry and you are missing a lot.
1) Networking-You have the opportunity to meet other entrepreneurs. Personal meetings can lead to all types of opportunity for your business. Placing yourself in a position to meet successful people will help you realize what is possible and there are so many leverage opportunities. You are positioning yourself as a leader.
2) Training-My experience has been that the training is always over-delivered. The hosts want people to attend future events so they make sure the training is excellent and participants always get extra bonuses and goodies! I have never been disappointed with the content and value I get from attending.
3) Joint Venture Opportunities-Again, personal contact increases your chances of forming joint ventures, if that is something of interest. It’s a great way to use leverage.
4) Exposure to the best programs on the internet-Most live events are hosted by the most top notch marketers and are generally attended by people who are serious about making their business a success. Most events will have speakers and most speakers will have a product to sell, which is great because their products can, and usually will, help you excel in your business.
5) Social Gatherings and Having Fun-Meeting socially during the events is a great way to bond and get to know the participants on a personal level. Going out to dinner and chatting, or you may be the party type. Either way you choose to socialize, learning about other people’s families, history, or their business is another way to connect and create great relationships. Some people use part of their time at live events for vacation depending upon the venue.
You don’t have to attend every live event that comes along. At least attend one that will have a positive impact on your business. I will continue to travel and network and learn. Every event has added more to my journey to succeed.
Have you attended any live events? Which ones? Was it worth it to you? I’d appreciate if you share your comments.